Silhouette Window Shadings by Hunter Douglas has been specially engineered to bring out the best natural illumination in the room.
30 January, 2015
Silhouette Window Shadings with Signature S-Vane has the transformative power to diffuse sunlight and bring a warm glow to a room. The secret lies in the soft fabric vanes that are suspended between two sheers, diffusing softened light deep into a space. Users can also adjust the vanes to suit the privacy they desire while still enjoying protection from UV rays.
Furthermore, Silhouette Window Shadings are designed with Anti-Moiré Fabric Technology, a patented weave that eliminates the moiré effect – which occurs when light reflects off the different fabric textures in shadings, resulting in an irregular wavy and rippled appearance.
Silhouette Window Shadings have all of the following practical benefits:
– The ability to transform harsh sunlight. Vanes and sheers combine to softly filter light.
– Ultraviolet protection. Sheers and vanes combine to provide up to 88 per cent ultraviolet protection with vanes open, 99 per cent when closed.
– Enhancement of natural daylighting. Sheers disperse sunlight deep into the room, reducing the need for electric lights.
– Preservation of outside views. No cords or tapes run through the product to obstruct views of the outdoors.
– Securing daytime privacy. View to the outside is clear. View from the outside is obscured during the day.
– Reflection of solar heat. Exterior sheer reflects the sun’s heat, often more vital than insulation.
In 2012, Silhouette Window Shadings with LiteRise won the WFMA Product of The Year Award. The LiteRise cordless lifting system was designed to make raising, lowering and opening window shadings easier than ever. The soft-touch handle also prevents the front sheer from becoming soiled and allows for simple and convenient operation.
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
The crowning award at the 2022 INDE.Awards is The Best of the Best and, drum roll please, this year’s winner has been designed for place and culture and to bring a community together.
Australian craftsmanship meets Japanese luxe in Luchetti Krelle’s exciting and luscious restaurant design for The Upper Tokyo.
The 2022 INDE.Awards – The Living Space category showcases outstanding residences that have become templates of great design.