This INDE.Summit 2022 session will investigate the alternatives and crystal ball gaze into the future to discuss just what our cities will look like.
26 July, 2022
In the final panel session of the INDE.Summit we will explore the idea of Future Cities & Utopias. Over the last two years much has changed in our lives. There have been sharp learning curves and architecture and design has stepped up to meet the challenges and present solutions. However, what is next for our cities and indeed what will they look like in five or ten-years-time?
With an expert panel moderated by Dr Nicole Lesley Gardner, from UNSW, this session will investigate the alternatives and crystal ball gaze into the future to discuss just what our cities will look like in the future.
Such areas of discussion will include,
– Exploring how cities will be “used” in the future.
– With many people moving to country areas and the regions, investigate the change to our cities and how this will manifest in real terms for planning and amenity.
– Discuss master plans for communities, those that are successful now and can adapt for the future.
– How technology will impact the design of cities.
– Investigate how data will inform planning.
– What clients are asking for and expecting in design now.
The diverse panel be moderated by Dr. Nicole Gardner and will comprise,
Jade Kake, Director, Matakohe Architecture & Urbanism, New Zealand/Aotearoa
Florian Heinzelmann, Principal, SHAU, Singapore
Kirsten Bauer, Director, ASPECT Studios, Australia
Chan Ee Mun, Director, WOHA, Singapore
This is certain to be a must-see session and we look forward to seeing you virtually at the INDE.Summit on 3rd August.
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
Tappeti has teamed up with artist Mika Utzon Popov to create a bespoke rug that speaks to the head and the heart. Here, Mika shares the story behind the piece.
The INDE.Awards 2022 – The Multi-Residential Building shortlist highlights and showcases the success of architecture and design of this design iteration.
Workplaces are evolving and, in this year’s INDE.Awards, there are offices that showcase just what is expected in the new office environment. Fit-for-every purpose, these offices are homes away from home, with every amenity to sustain a working life.