Alice Blackwood and Mandi Keighran of Indesign report back from Euroluce at the Milan Furniture Fair.
13 April, 2011
This year marks the 50th year of I Salone, and is also the year for lighting – or Euroluce as this is more widely known.
There are (at least) 4 halls, filled with the most vibrant array of lighting you’ll ever come across – from sleek architectural numbers, to elaborate, glittering chandeliers.
Here we pick out a few which caught our eye.
1. Vibia launched Origami (above), which are outdoor decorative pendants – and decorative they are… they’re a bit breath taking!!
2. Arturo Alvarez showed a beautiful collection of pendants born from collaborations with other designers.
3. As a whole the Modo Luce stand displayed strong work, and stood out among its neighbours.
4. Lumini displayed a forest of hanging pendants, suspended along a long table – a simple but strong statement!
5. The FLOS stand was a real show-stopper. You could have spent hours in there – there was so much to look at. Those FLOS-ians have obviously been busy in the last 12 months!
6. Pallucco too had a strong stand, with a good collection of notable designers who have produced pieces for the brand. Jean Nouvel’s ‘Micro Telescopic’ is an intriguing number, as is ‘Chords’ by Teruhiro Yanagihara.
7. There was so much to see at Foscarini we weren’t sure where to look first. Each lighting piece was framed by orange corners, hanging seemingly mid-air, like a conceptual picture frame – it was a nice way of giving each of their many pieces a focal point.
8. Artemide had all their designers on-site, sharing their newest work with guests and visitors… as well as us!
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
Leading by design excellence, the winner of The Health and Wellbeing Space category at the 2022 INDE.Awards is a project that helps serve the rural community in which it is located.
A workspace environment can have a huge impact on your ability to concentrate and complete tasks effectively.
Designed by international architecture practice 10 Design (part of Egis Group), Haisco Plaza is officially open, welcoming leading tech-firm tenants in Chengdu, China.