Smeg’s iconic FAB range welcomes a new member to its revered family – one that’s small in size but big on personality....
Alexandra Kidd Design is an Interior Design firm specialising in luxury interior, architectural and design choices for quality-conscious clients that seek assistance in the transformation of their primary residences, investment properties, holiday homes and businesses. Since 2002, Alexandra Kidd and her team have been providing clients with a personal service, excellent communication and exposure to the best and latest innovative design.
The Interior Designer will be able to represent the Alexandra Kidd Design brand – a boutique, creative and successful studio – through client communication and overall presentation. The ideal candidate will be a savvy, experienced interior designer with an appreciation for design and aesthetics.
The Role: Based in our Potts Point office, the Interior Designer will oversee and facilitate projects from conceptual stage to project completion, and develop designs that are functional, aesthetically pleasing, to a budget and on brief. Working to the Director and Design Principal, the Interior Designer will be the point of contact for client communication and contractor liaison for ensuring smooth workflow and keeping projects on track from briefing to delivery.
Key Responsibilities: Sourcing and specifying materials, finishes, furnishings, fittings; preparing design presentations for client meetings; documentation including specifications, schedules and budgets; organising suppliers and tradesmen and prepare instructions for delivery; inspecting the work of tradesmen and monitoring progress; attend site meetings and solve imminent issues with builders; coordinate and produce photo shoots (styling and giving photographer direction); requesting quotes/invoices from suppliers, placing orders on behalf of clients, requesting payments to be made by Accounts.
The Interior Designer will be an expert in prioritising, organising, diplomacy and process. The right candidate will have a keen eye for detail and will relish the opportunity to get involved in strategic planning, creative thinking and problem solving.
The Ideal Candidate: The Interior Designer will be a self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. The candidate will have the ability to interact with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner. We are looking for a team player who is keen to work in a small dynamic team of people passionate about design. The Interior Designer will take pride in their presentation and will maintain the reputation of creativity, luxury, innovation, communications and organisation at Alexandra Kidd Design.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar role/studio environment
- Adobe Suite, Artlantis and SketchUp Pro proficiency
- Strong concept design skills
- Passion for design trends and aesthetics
- Good communication skills – ability to deal with multiple stakeholders including clients, suppliers, contractors, builders
- Strong work ethic
- High attention to detail and strong organisation skills – proven problem solving skills
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with budgeting
- Technical site knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and are entering an exciting stage in our business development. We see this as an opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join us on this journey.
The initial contract is for 12 months, but with our growing business needs there may be an opportunity to extend the role to permanent full-time.
Salary based on experience.
Please email your application with your resume and a one page cover letter to email@example.com 5pm AEST 10 November 2014.Interior Designer
Armadillo&Co is a successful dynamic company that designs and manufactures high-end, hand made, natural fibre rugs and accessories. We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated VIC Account Manager for a full time position based in Fitzroy, Melbourne. The role would entail working closely with existing trade clients within the Interior Designer/Decorator and Architectural markets and presenting new and current collections to our target markets.
- Prospecting for new clients and developing and maintaining key relationships within the Interior Designer/Decorator and Architectural markets in VIC.
- Giving presentations to Interior Designers and Architects and keeping clients libraries updated.
- Servicing Trade clients in the Fitzroy showroom.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years Sales experience in the Design industry
- Utmost professional presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word/Excel and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with keen attention to detail
- Advantage of a strong network through the design community
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keen and enthusiastic
- Willingness to help others
- Must be adaptable to work on a range of tasks
Confident and outgoing, you should enjoy and be comfortable working in the design industry. Creative selling, marketing and unique customer service are qualities that we are looking for. This is an excellent opportunity with salary negotiated according to experience. We offer salary plus commission based remuneration on the sales in the territory of VIC and an opportunity to share in our significant growth.
Written application accompanied by CV should be directed to the General Manager and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence via email only.Account Manager
WOULD YOU like to intern at a leading publishing and event company in the design and architecture industry? We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented student or recent graduate to assist our busy events and marketing team.
YOU ARE motivated and enthusiastic, you live and breathe all things social media and want to be a part of a workplace that is fun, friendly and bursting at the seams with creativity.
We are looking for someone to take on the day-to-day responsibility and management of our social media community and platforms (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn) across all our titles.
Immediate start: internship, 2 days per week (negotiable). Where possible, flexibility around hours of study and other commitments can be managed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Social media content creation
- Social media art direction
- Social media copywriting
- Social media content publishing
- Social media monitoring
- Social media competition running
- Limited campaign idea generation
You will be:
- An enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in design and architecture
- Friendly with a ‘can-do’ attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised
- Responsible & reliable
You must have:
- Tertiary qualifications or currently studying communication, marketing or a similar field
- Personal interest and knowledge of social media marketing required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A sound knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook on a mac platform
- Knowledge of Adobe Indesign and/or Photoshop is an advantage
This internship is the perfect way to get your foot in the door and is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and further develop in the area of social media marketing.
An internship at Indesign Media Asia Pacific is not about getting cups of coffee or photocopying – your internship will give you real experience in this competitive area. Experience or willingness to learn the various platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn is crucial.Social Media Intern
We turn the spotlight on Carera Bathoom and three of its award-winning design offerings - ILBAGNOALESSI One, the Palomba Collection and Kartell by Lau...