Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
Reference no. 2396/1115
- Focus on design and sustainability
- Contribute to research-led teaching in architecture
- Level of appointment will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff, supporting over 52,000 students.
The Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning at the University is focused on the built environment and uses methods of architecture, design, planning, science, art, engineering, IT, and social sciences to analyse, understand and design innovative environments. We have one of Australia’s best university laboratory infrastructures for research and design in the built environment, including an Illumination Lab, Audio and Acoustics Labs, and the only IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality) Lab in the Southern Hemisphere.
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Design to make a substantial contribution to teaching and research in the faculty’s architecture programs.
Key areas of teaching are in architectural design and sustainability, focused on building envelope design and technical integration, whilst teaching responsibilities will include the coordination and delivery in whole, or part of, selected core and elective units of study in those areas.
You will also be expected to build research collaborations within the faculty, the University and beyond, and to successfully apply for research funding to develop your research area.
You will have:
- a record of successful translation of research outcomes into high impact, international, peer-reviewed outputs in high quality outlets
- ability to articulate the application of your research to real-world problems and opportunities
- success in obtaining competitive grant funding and/or industry funding as an individual or part of a team
- capacity to attract high-quality PhD candidates, and to successfully supervise them through to timely completions
- demonstrated track record of successful lecturing and tutoring experience in sustainable architectural design and technologies including the ability to develop, coordinate, and evaluate teaching and learning
Please note: it is anticipated that applicants will have an architectural background, but essential is the capacity to bridge technology and design culture.
CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm 2 March 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Design
A great opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic sales professional to join our Melbourne team. We service the best of the interior design trade with fabrics, furniture and accessories from the best suppliers in the world. We are looking for a fabulous dynamic individual to join us.
Full-time – Monday to Friday
Working with a small team of committed individuals, you will be out on the road meeting with Victoria’s leading architects, designers, decorators and commercial clients. Selling the best textile products to our existing client base whilst forging new relationships and seeking new channels to sell our products to reach your target objectives.
South Pacific Fabrics is a small family business that cares about you as an individual. We offer a fun and rewarding working environment, where you can inject a passion and love of interior products into your life.
Who we are looking for:
- Self motivated vibrant sales person who appreciates quality products.
- A proven sales record and successful management of client relationships.
- A polished presenter who has great relationship and communication skills.
- You have a professional attitude with a sense of humour and an eye for detail.
- Driver’s license and a car.
- The ability to work autonomously, but also within a team environment.
- Established key industry contacts preferred.
- Knowledge of fabrics, interior design and the soft furnishing industry would be helpful.
$55,000 + Bonus Scheme
Please note:Sales Representative/Consultant
This role is to understand and assist interior designers and decorators with product selection– this is not an interior design position.
(Permanent, Full Time, Immediate Start)
THERE Design is looking for a dynamic ‘Multi-Tasking Ninja’ Project Manager to join our thriving Surry Hills team.
As part of THERE’s project management team you will be driving a range of exciting branding and environmental projects through their life-cycle from project set-up and concept development, right through to managing documentation and production.
You will have an interest in branding and the built environment (and/or architecture / interior design), keen to develop a strong understanding of the processes and functionality associated with the planning for and development of built forms.
You will be responsible for the efficient management and delivery of multiple projects (with the support and guidance of the Projects Director and Creative Director) and you will be responsible for liaison with clients at senior levels to ensure clear communication, timely responses and effective delivery on agreed client expectations.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for everything that it takes to run a project smoothly including: client and supplier relations, resourcing the design studio, written briefs, budget management and financials, contact reports, project schedules, prioritisation and quality control.
You should have 4 + years experience in a similar role and be a highly organised process driven, creative thinker who is a team player and enthusiastic about the management of projects and clients.
WHAT IT TAKES:
To be successful in this role you …
Have 4 years or more of highly relevant project management / account service experience
Are disciplined, tenacious, self motivated and process driven
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills particularly over the phone and in meetings
Have successfully demonstrated that you take responsibility and do what it takes
Are tertiary educated and demonstrate the ability to think strategically
Can work with wide range of people at all decision-making levels
You like the breadth and depth of branding, signage and environments and want to learn more about this industry
Have intermediate to advanced computer skills (Mac, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, preferably Streamtime).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
– You will be working with the best. THERE is SEGD and AGDA award winning agency
– You will be part of a smart company with a progressive and ambitious vision
– Beautiful warehouse office filled with great people
– Full support of established systems, growth opportunities, training and professional development
– THERE is creative design agency that specialises with branding in the built environment.
– Studios in Singapore & Sydney
– We create strategic campaigns and programmes that actively engage customers with brands.
– We are an award-winning creative consultancy and offer: brand strategy, Identity and branding, graphic and branded environments and signage, with digital running vertically through our business.
– Our clients include: 3M, Google, LinkedIn, Adshel, Lendlease, Apple, Charter Hall, Emaar, CBRE, Hassell, Stylecraft.Project Manager