Commercial and creative interests don’t always go hand-in-hand, and often a designer’s curiosity to truly change spaces and people is forgone for ...
Great Dane Contract has a vast product range from the Scandinavian brands we exclusively represent in Australia; many of which have never hit our shores before and are not available in our retail showrooms or online.
With the new contract division of Great Dane we are now able to specify these products to the industry, which we believe suit the modern Australian life seamlessly.
- Based in our South Melbourne office, also combining meetings with new and existing clients and the pursuit and development of sales leads.
- Generating sales across all areas of the architectural and design industry through regular client networking, presentations and events.
- Identify, respond and optimize designer/architect enquiries on our range for their commercial projects.
- Oversee the quotation/sales order process from beginning to end.
- Build and maintain a large volume of client relationships proactively and efficiently.
- Book appointments, create & deliver presentations to clients based on their project direction.
- Promote Great Dane Contract brand and educate clients on our manufacturers & brands by maximising all promotional tools & activities.
- Develop & nurture business relationships through networking & industry events, always encouraging new possibilities/opportunities.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- A proven track record in a sales based position, preferably within the architectural and design industry.
- A proactive and results driven attitude.
- To be passionate, driven & able to work at a fast pace.
- To connect with our Architect & Design community and bring the beauty and quality of Scandinavian designed furniture and lighting to the forefront of our industry.
- To seamlessly promote ‘the classics’ designed by the masters who defined Scandinavian design as well represent new designers creating groundbreaking icons of today.
- The ability to build and maintain our Great Dane Contract division in Melbourne.
- To develop and nurture new opportunities outside Victorian territory.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales based position (preferably within the architecture and design industry).
- Love of interior design/architecture & furniture.
- A genuine interest in the value of original design.
- Proactive and results driven attitude.
- Confident in all areas of communication – verbal & written.
- Exceptional presentation & professional manner at all times.
- Ability to multi task & prioritise all aspects of administration.
- A problem solver who shows initiative every day.
- Ability to create an impact & be a big part of something special.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial run business.
- Not afraid to take on many varying roles & tasks in your day-to-day duties.
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- You have Sales Support in our South Melbourne office that is responsible for quoting and invoicing, plus a variety of other administrative and support activities as required.
About Indesign Media
Indesign Media Asia Pacific, is a niche design and architectural media house that produces award-winning events, print and online magazines in the Asia Pacific region with offices nationally in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
You will be leading our busy Design and Production Teams as well as be part of our exciting International team. Working cohesively with the Design, Media, Editorial, Accounts and Events teams, you will be providing creative brand solutions for our clients across print, digital and experiential platforms. This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys managing and leading with strong believe of can do attitude.
You have a sound knowledge of production cycle of a Publishing company or other fast-paced (deadline oriented) environment. You love quick, constantly evolving project based management style compare to rigid structural classic ways of managing. As the captain, strong team player and good communication will be perfect! while being organised on your own. Special Interest in Interior Design and Architecture will be just right.
What will you do?
- Managing the Design Team + Ad Traffic Coordinator, overseeing workflow and ensuring efficient use of resources
- Managing all projects from initial quoting, resource planning/ timelines, and quality assurance.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Project management for development of new websites + brand launches
- Print + event collateral procurement + magazine distribution
- Reporting to the Publisher on the status of all projects
Your skills and experience
If you can demonstrate the criteria below, we want to hear from you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years professional experience as a Production Manager, Producer or Studio Manager in an Agency or other fast-paced studio or publishing environment
- Have solid experience in both digital and print production; and project management
- Understand advertising traffic and creative processes and always be looking for best practice
- Have strong people management skills
- Be a strong team player with proven ability to juggle multiple projects and be proactive
- Be excellent communicator with ability to build and maintain strong relationships, and manage expectations from all stakeholders
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure and be extremely organized
Why you will love Indesign Media
At Indesign you will become part of a leading Asia-Pacific media house and have the opportunity to work within the creative as well as intense environment. You’ll never be bored! You will work with leading global brands and have support from a great team of dynamic and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about creating and delivering industry-leading content. There are lots of reasons to work at Indesign Media, but here’s a selection of what our team enjoys most:
- A creative brainstorm session every Friday afternoon
- Home cooking club (we are foodies)
- We work like a family
Most importantly, being a boutique and independently owned media house in Surry Hills with a global footprint allows our team to have the best of both worlds: an agile business where your opinion matters and the opportunity to learn on a global scale.
Sounds like a great place to work? We think so. If you do too then we encourage you to apply. Please provide a cover letter and your CV.Production Manager
- The candidate must show high self-motivation and at all times offer their highest level of customer service in a warm and engaging manner and with proficient conversational skills to converse with diverse members of the public
- Relevant sales experience in a retail environment, however lighting and product training will be provided
- Liaising with clients, including follow up calls and post sale interactions etc must be done efficiently and effectively
- An opportunity to work with the general public as well as interact with architects and interior designers
- Administration duties include processing orders, invoicing, quotations, stock control, organising deliveries
Candidate to work Saturdays if required
Email applications only.Showroom Sales & Administration
Please submit all applications including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org