Zenith Interiors (Zenith) is a leader in the commercial furniture market, providing organisations in Australasia with new and innovative ways to engage their employees by creating spaces with products that are functional, appealing and forward thinking. We regard our staff as our greatest asset and we strive to be an employer of choice.
An exciting opportunity has come about through group expansion and transformation for a Bill of Materials/Product Master Data Administrator to join us in this newly created role in our Kingsgrove office.
As the successful candidate, you will use your strong attention to detail to accurately manage and maintain product master data, bill of material (BOM) configurations and pricing across group systems, including the PRONTO Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system, intranet and web site. Your ability to take initiative, supervise staff and prioritise work is key as you will also partake in project activities from time to time and assist in administrative duties. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person willing to grow with the group !
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Organised self starter
- Meticulous with detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to communicate with clarity
- Effective time management and task prioritisation
- Adapts well to a changing environment
- Previous experience in managing and maintaining product data, bill of materials and pricing in an ERP system, highly desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Zenith offers opportunity, ongoing training and development, and competitive remuneration for the right candidate.Bill of Materials/Product Master Data Administrator
About Indesign Media
Indesign Media Asia Pacific is a niche design and architectural media house that produces award-winning events, print and online magazines in the Asia Pac region with offices nationally in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
You will be a part of our fun loving yet professional editorial team, sourcing materials and managing content, liaising with clients on advertorial content, assisting the editors to produce the titles efficiently, on budget and on deadline. The position also requires high level writing skills and the ability to manage editorial and budget spreadsheets, along with a keen eye for detail when sub-editing and assembling product schedules. The love of Architecture and Design will see you enjoy this role!
What will you do?
- PRINT: Material Sourcing, Dissections, Design News and Evolve Product Management, Advertorials, approvals and fact-checking.
- ONLINE Support: Liaise with online re cross content
- Content Production: Support editors in sourcing and writing for client campaigns.
- General Admin: Invoicing, Commissioning, image sourcing, resizing
Your skills and experience
- Some experience in an editorial or journalism role (i.e Creating Content, sub-editing)
- Outstanding writing skills and well developed communication skills
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Indesign and Photoshop
- Have intermediate MS office, MS Excel and WordPress
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks within stringent deadlines
- Be accurate, careful and methodical in work output with attention to detail
- Knowledge of the industry will be beneficial
Why you will love Indesign Media
At Indesign you will become part of a leading Asia-Pacific media house. You will work with leading global brands and have support from a great team of dynamic and passionate individuals. There are lots of reasons to work at Indesign Media, but here’s a selection of what our team enjoys most:
- A creative brainstorm session every Friday afternoon
- Regular industry functions to connect with clients
- Home cooking club (we are foodies)
Most importantly, being a boutique and independently owned media house with a global footprint allows our team to have the best of both worlds: an agile business where your opinion matters and the opportunity to learn on a global scale. Sounds like a great place to work? We think so. If you do too then we encourage you to apply. Please provide a cover letter and your CV.Editorial Assistant
Working at Dreamtime Australia Design – Architect
Who are we?
Winner of the prestigious I.D.E.A. Australian Designer of the Year, 2008-09 – the first time the Australian design industry was asked to vote for the nation’s top design practice, Hospitality Designer of the Year for Sydney’s internationally-acclaimed Flying Fish restaurant and named by the UK’s Wallpaper magazine, the world’s most influential design and lifestyle publication, as Sydney’s “designer du jour” and selected as one of SDQ / Indesign Magazine’s ten most influential people in the Australian design industry Michael McCann brings an almost unique wealth of international hotel / resort, restaurant, bar and club design, development and operational experience to our wide variety of trend-setting projects.
DREAMTIME also won the Belle Magazine / Georg Jensen national design award in 2009 for bringing our unique brand of exciting hospitality design to an equally unique retail development for a Harley Davidson, Ducati and BMW motorcycle superstore, Fraser Motorcycles and more recently won Interior Design Magazine’s Best of Year (BOY) Award in New York for the Best Retail Design world-wide 2010 along with the Australian Interior Design Awards National Interior Design Excellence and Innovation award and National Retail Design Award in April of 2010, all for a truly ground-breaking butcher shop in Sydney: Victor Churchill Fine Family Butcher. In the US, DREAMTIME was the runner-up to Philippe Starck in the international IHMA Gold Key awards in 2008 for the best new bar world-wide (Argyle Bar, Sydney), runner-up and in 2009 for the Best Fine Dining Restaurant (Steel Restaurant, Sydney) as well as winner of Interior Design Magazine’s BOY awards (NYC) in 2009 for Best International Bathroom for the firm’s unique Argyle Bar (in Australia that would be called the “golden dunny” award). Most recently, DREAMTIME won the award for Best new All Day Dining Restaurant Design 2015 at the Asia Hotel Design Awards in Singapore for the studio’s design of The Woods Restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney and was runner-up for Best New Bar Design 2015 for the design of Grain Bar, also in the Four Seasons Sydney.
Before establishing himself as a designer, Miami, Florida-native Michael created, opened and operated more than 80 restaurants, bars and night-clubs in 12 countries and territories on 4 continents world-wide and operated more than 100 already in operation, in a more than 25 year 5-star international hotel management and development career with such companies as Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Hyatt International until his creation in 1995 of his unique hospitality design studio, DREAMTIME AUSTRALIA DESIGN. Michael’s UK-born wife Nicole, works part time at the Studio but mostly wrestles with their 2 daughters aged 15 and 17 in daily semi-mortal teen combat.
What do we design?
Projects can be broad in scope, but we have never accepted a project that was not exciting – so there are never any boring or “dud” projects to be handed down to the newest staff members – everything we design is exciting and capable of winning world design awards. We design:
Hospitality – our primary source of business-ranging from upmarket Hotels and Resorts to individual stand-alone restaurants, bars, night-clubs and the odd food-service business. We have done work in 12 countries on 4 Continents.
Retail – from Motorcycle superstores to a world-award winning Butcher Shop
Residential – including the complete architecture and interior design of houses or apartments
Commerical – Office
Educational – we have even designed a very unique Cooking School
What design services do we offer?
DREAMTIME offers a variety of services in addition to interior design where a number of design disciplines can be bundled into one turnkey package. This not only ensures that the concepts are developed to their full potential following the same line of thought, it significantly streamlines communication, design co-ordination and lines-of-reporting as the client deals with one company throughout the project for these design disciplines, and oftentimes results in cost savings as well due to a more economical packaged price and reduced expenses. In-house we design:
- Master Planning
- Interior Architecture
- Interior Design
- Lighting Design
- Graphic Design
- Kitchen / Bar Facilities Design
- Services Design-1st Stage
- Tabletop Design
In addition to the design disciplines listed above, we also offer:
- Market Studies
- Concept Creation Services
- Financial Projection Preparation
- Development Consents
- Hospitality Management / Chef Headhunting / Hiring
- What is the work like?
- Working to a brief, which details what the space will be used for, based on the client’s personal ideas and requirements, but usually we get to propose the best use of the space including the best concept.
- Inspecting, surveying and measuring buildings
- Setting schedules for the project
- Carrying out research, to make sure that plans are technically feasible
- Producing rough sketches and digital mood boards – with a collection of suitable images, colours and materials sourced between yourself and Michael McCann
- Developing detailed designs using ArchiCAD CAD software – we don’t make scale models
- Recommending, and selecting with Mr McCann the most appropriate materials for the design and budget
- Liaising and advising clients on progress
- Supervising the work as it is carried out
- Working closely with other professionals, consulting architects, quantity surveyors and engineers.
- Sourcing quotations with manufacturers and suppliers both locally, nationally and internationally, and generally assisting clients with the purchasing of in-house sourced and custom items
- Supervising builders and sub-contractors on site.
- changing trends in design
- the processes involved in architecture and construction.
Working in our open-plan, light-filled 150 sq. metre office in Rushcutters Bay / Darlinghurst is always full of music and camaraderie. There is a Café downstairs that offers good coffee and sandwiches and all the bustling Cafes of Victoria Street and Darlinghurst Road in Darlinghurst are only 2 blocks away. We have a refrigerator / freezer, toaster and microwave in the office for all staff who prefer to bring their own foods and beverages, although we’re not allowed to “cook” in our building.
Being a small boutique design studio, all designers in DREAMTIME AUSTRALIA DESIGN work directly with Principal and Founder Michael McCann on 1 or perhaps 2 projects assigned at any given time. Most projects are assigned to a single designer, however larger projects may be assigned to a Senior Designer with either Designers or Junior Interior Designers assigned to them for back-up working as a team.
The Senior Designer / Designer assigned a project then becomes the principal point of contact for the Studio’s clients and is then responsible for managing the work-flow and timing of that particular project in conjunction with Mr McCann.
Tasks may include:
Hours and environment
Our staff typically work 40+ hours a week, Monday to Friday, starting from 9am. Some evening work may be required to meet deadlines, but other than that most staff are usually out by 5:30 / 6:00 (although when the boss is travelling the phone is known to ring off the hook at 5:01). Weekend work is virtually non-existent – perhaps 1 or 2 Saturdays a year under extreme conditions.
The work is based in our design studio in Rushcutters Bay, although time is spent on our building sites and travelling to visit clients and suppliers. Designers travel both nationally and abroad depending upon projects assigned. Within Australia, Mr McCann and assigned staff fly Economy. Internationally Mr McCann can usually only negotiate a Business-Class ticket for himself as Principal and all other staff fly Economy, however as he returns straight to the office on arrival after a usual overnight flight all staff travelling Economy are given the day of arrival off to assist in recuperation.
Skills and personal qualities
A designer working at Dreamtime Australia Design must have:
– creativity and imagination
– an eye for design, including colour, and good 3D awareness
– the ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
– good CAD drawing and IT skills – ArchiCAD experience required
– good Internet sourcing experiencing and skills to keep up with all the latest in Concepts, F,F&E, Lighting, etc.
– good organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and within budget
– awareness of technical building issues, and the range of relevant products and materials
– strong communication and negotiation skills
– confidence with figures
– a good sense of humour!
It is important to be interested in:
As a sizeable percentage of our work is custom – from Finishes, F,F&E, Art, Lighting – you name it – on-the-job training is a never-ending, almost daily process. In order to achieve the breadth and depth of our unique portfolio our designs are highly detailed and exacting – we are the exact opposite of a “CAD Block” cut-and-paste design practice. As such, Michael McCann, drawing from a 30+ year experience on building sites around the world, works with each designer on a one-on-one basis to achieve the build-ability of the designs and designers’ time working at DREAMTIME AUSTRALIA DESIGN should prove one of the most training-intensive periods of their career.
Designers also spend time with the wide variety of artists affiliated with DREAMTIME AUSTRALIA DESIGN to assist in realising their unique contributions to our projects.
As we are a small design studio staff are exposed to a wide variety of visiting industry representatives who routinely make appointments to visit our office and present their latest products, and we endeavour to stop all that we’re doing so that all staff possible can attend.
Staff are also sent periodically for ArchiCAD training as required to ensure all staff are as up-to-date as possible with the quickly evolving CAD industry.
Finally, Designers are expected to keep up to date with new trends and products and are encouraged to attend as many trade fairs and exhibitions as possible.
Almost every single Senior Designer in our company’s history has risen to that position from Designer.